AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL MALAYSIA 6th BOARD OF GOVERNANCE MEETING 2018-2019 DATE : 11th July 2019 TIME : 7-10PM VENUE ...
What is the Board of Governance?
Governance is concerned with leadership and direction. The Board of Governance’s mandate is to steer Amnesty International Malaysia’s strategic direction and overall safekeeping. Each board member brings to the board their unique talents and capabilities so that they contribute to their respective committees and projects in a timely manner furthering the growth and impact of Amnesty Malaysia.
The Board of Governance at Amnesty International Malaysia upholds a clear, shared vision of Amnesty’s mission by ensuring the effectiveness and accountability of the organisation. Hence, the Board is a body that takes decisions and operates collectively in the best interest of the organisation.
The Board has, but not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- To ensure good practice in governance at the sections and structures level,
- Alliance with the Core Standards and Global Assembly’s strategic goals,
- In compliance with Amnesty International’s International Statute,
- Prudent financial oversight,
- Forecasts and plans for the organisation’s future,
- Taking national decisions and contributing to international decision-making and planning,
- Appointing representatives to international decision-making processes,
- Developing and adapting the national membership and activist structure, and
- To provide accurate status reports on the implementation of strategic and operational plans.
The board consists of seven elected members (Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, and 3 ordinary board members). The role of chair is to coordinate the Board’s overall work plan, encourage the learning, development, and growth of the Board as a team, ensure that the Board’s working practices and processes are collaborative and are delivered and to ensure Board meetings are facilitated efficiently.
Any Amnesty International Malaysia member can stand for election for the Board. In order to stand for election, members need to be registered and paid up members of AI Malaysia, and have carried a membership of at least one year prior to the date of the AGM. To avoid any potential conflict of interest, no office bearer or employee of a political party at the national or state level shall be members of the Board.
For further information, please get in touch with the Board: email@example.com
AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL MALAYSIA 5th BOARD OF GOVERNANCE MEETING 2018-2019 DATE : 21st March 2019 TIME : 7-8.30PM VENUE ...
DATE : 11TH December 2018 TIME : 7.30-11.00PM MODE : In-person at Amnesty International Malaysia Office MISSION: To undertake...