Our interns play a vital role in helping us achieve our goals in campaigns, events and even office administration.
Internship opportunities are always available in AI Malaysia. Not limited to a certain field, interns in our office are exposed to a myriad of work and activities so there is never a dull moment.
However, each placement will run for a defined length of time and based around specific learning requirements and project outcomes which can also be fulfilled as certain tertiary study requirements.
Applicants are encouraged to attach an updated CV demonstrating any relevant experience they may have in an email to us.
Please be aware that our internships are voluntary, and that we do not provide interns with:
- Accommodation or accommodation allowances
- Assistance with travel or reimbursement of travel costs
- Any assistance in organising visas or completing visa applications
All information is protected under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
CAMPAIGNS & ACTIVISM INTERNSHIP
Amnesty International Malaysia is looking for a motivated and driven intern to assist in campaigns and activism coordination. In the upcoming months, we will be focusing on campaigns around death penalty abolition and indigenous land rights defenders.
• Media monitoring on human rights news and developments in Malaysia
• Research and drafting of campaign materials and documents
• Coordinate and facilitate involvement of members and supporters during mobilisation opportunities
• Support the development and execution of campaigns events, mobilisation activities, and human rights education
• Assist in community outreach and relationship building
• Develop tools for community programs, including membership package, volunteering opportunities, and other activism resources
• Processing incoming inquiries, petitions, and letters
• Update membership database
• Contribute to the team in response to unexpected and urgent work
Interns will have a chance to develop a capstone project around Amnesty International Malaysia’s campaign objectives and be involved in activities for the larger movement. Interns will also have the opportunity to attend conferences, seminars, trainings, and other workshops related to human rights.
The ideal candidate is open and willing to learn, has demonstrated interest in social justice and human rights, has experience in community engagement or volunteer management, is 18 and above, and bonus if you can speak Bahasa, Mandarin, or Tamil!
Equality and diversity is at the core of our values and staff are expected to work collectively and individually to promote a constructive and sensitive approach to others from a variety of backgrounds, where the work of others is valued and respected.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, and disability.
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.