Board of Governance 2017/2018 Minutes of 2nd meeting
Date and Day: 25 February 2018, Sunday
Venue: Amnesty International Malaysia, D-2-33A,8 Avenue, Jln Sungai Jernih 8/1, Section 8, 46050 Petaling Jaya Selangor.
- S, not present due to urgent travelling.
- AIM Vision– A world in which every person enjoys all of the human rights enshrined in the Universal Declaration of human rights standards.
- AIM Mission– To undertake study and action focused on preventing and ending grave abuses of the rights to physical and mental integrity, freedom of conscience and expression, and freedom from discrimination, within the context of its work promote all human rights.
- Anjhula called the meeting at 10.10am and thanked all members who were present.
- All were told to put aside our mobiles during entire meeting to increase respect and focus.
- Chair’s traveling dates are 4-12/3/18 and 25-28/5/18(THAI).
- R and K (internal auditors) to audit twice a year on 2017 accounts. Communication with members are via digital only.
- Discussion on ROS, CLBG status. Majority voted on which direction to go, one abstained.
- Chair recommended CK for us to use her expertise. ED will keep in touch with her.
- All members voted NO to membership card due to misuse.
- Meeting minutes are to be stored in three areas for best security practice.
- Optional BOG meeting to be held once a month discussing 3-4 agendas.
- Global Assembly reps are ED, Chair (Anjhula as standing rep) and V. Board will look into formalising this in a formal document.
- Anjhula highlighted that our current BOG performance is good based on KPI’s and data that the secretariat had collected. She advised us on continuous contribution.
- Constitution (1) has been sent and all are to edits in the same document that will be stored on a shared google drive.
- 5 members voted for the 7th BOG member where one abstained
- All voted YES to two-year survey to see where the board and Amnesty are at generally for a before and after picture.
- Board and secretariat to look at Strategy (ESCR) and national gender and diversity action plan by Nov 2019. The board agreed on having the membership voice input such as doing focus groups especially outside of KL. P will lead the Ipoh groups for strategy input.
- Election committee to be set up as per constitution
- Code of conduct to either have it under terms and conditions online, when members sign up or part of constitution.
- V will work on the legal wording for two show cause letters
Prepared by Preethi (Secretary)
Verified by Anjhula (Chair)
To provide feedback anonymously, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org