Position Title: Office Manager (Finance & Admin) (Maternity replacement)
Date of Commencement: Dec 2020 – March 2021 (contract non-renewable)
Part-time: (3 ½ days a week)
Salary: RM1800 – RM2500 (depending on experience)
- At least 2 years administrative/clerical work experience
- At least 1 year experience with managing accounts & book-keeping
- Able to commit to the full maternity replacement period (until end of March 2021, non negotiable)
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to adapt and successfully multitask
- Fluent in English and Bahasa Malaysia (written & verbal)
- Strong IT skills (Excel, Word) and experience with office management & financial reporting systems, with a willingness to adapt and learn
- Minimum Diploma holder and above
- Must be willing to work from the office (Petaling Jaya) and remotely if needed
- Strong communication skills
- Effective time management, able to work under pressure
- Self-motivated, independent and willing to take initiative
- Efficient, accurate and good attention to detail
The Office Manager is responsible for the smooth running of the office by following established procedures and policies in areas of finance, company and human resources matters. As AI Malaysia’s finance function is outsourced to a third-party solutions provider, the role of the Office Manager (Finance/Administration) will be to ensure prompt and timely liaison with the solutions provider, while keeping basic accounting and financial records internally.
Human Resources/ Finance
- Implement the COCOA (Common Chart of Accounts) financial reporting framework at AI Malaysia to track the organisation’s expenses for reporting
- Produce timely and accurate finance reports, and provide input into other reports as required
- Manage the office’s control budget to track expenses internally
- Maintain the office petty cash and petty cash book
- Work with the Executive Director to prepare budgets
- Issue receipts for membership fees
- Liaise with the relevant stakeholders on company matters including AI Malaysia’s Board of Governance, company secretary, tax consultants and customs department
- Liaise with outsourced finance solutions provider and relevant process partners on all administration, human resources and finance matters
- Be the focal point for internal and external auditors and ensure reports are received and submitted to the relevant in a timely manner.
- Obtain a minimum of three quotations for all purchases/ services required
- Maintain an efficient office filing system for correspondence, reports and other documents
- Manage the resource room, keeping an updated inventory of all merchandise, reports, and other paraphernalia.
- Purchase and manage office stationery
- Liaise with accounting business solutions provider on all accounting and human resources matters
- Maintain inventory of office equipment and ensure office equipment are maintained in good working condition
- Handle general correspondence, and keep a record of all incoming and outgoing letters/ faxes/ messages
- Maintain personnel records
- Maintain database of important addresses, telephone numbers and other information relevant to the functioning of the office
- Handle telephone calls and other inquiries from the public and channelling it to the staff concerned.
- Manage AI Malaysia’s general email and channel relevant emails to the staff concerned.
Assisting the Executive Director
- Organise the Executive Director’s meetings and prepare staff claims
- Plan board meetings, compiling relevant documents/ information as instructed by the Executive Director
- Prepare F&B for board and other meetings, as instructed by the Executive Director
Amnesty International Malaysia (AI Malaysia)’s vision is for a world in which every person’s fundamental human rights is protected as enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The AI Malaysia mission is to undertake study and action focused on preventing and ending grave abuses of the rights to physical and mental integrity, freedom of conscience and expression, and freedom from discrimination, within the context of its work to promote human rights.
AI Malaysia is independent of any government, political ideology or religious creed. It does not support or oppose any government or political system, nor does it support or oppose the views of the victims whose rights it seeks to protect. It is concerned solely with the impartial protection of human rights.
Please send in your resume to
[email protected] with a cover letter, and three references. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Thank you.