WE ARE LOOKING FOR ACTIVISM & COMMUNICATION INTERNS
Amnesty International Malaysia is looking for motivated and driven interns to assist in campaigns and activism coordination. In the upcoming months, we will be focusing on campaigns around death penalty abolition, freedom of speech, and addressing police brutality and custodial deaths.
- Coordinate and facilitate the involvement of members and supporters during online and offline mobilisation opportunities
- Support the planning and implementation of campaigns
- Assist in community outreach and relationship building
- Update AIM’s membership database
- Conduct daily monitoring, analysis, & archiving of relevant issues in the media
- Support the documentation of AIM’s press coverage to be able to obtain a better sense of our impact
- Process incoming inquiries, petitions, and letters
- Archive press statements and reports in a systematic & efficient manner.
- Assist in designing communications outputs / graphics
The ideal candidate is open and willing to learn, has demonstrated interest in social justice and human rights, has experience in community engagement or volunteer management, is 18 and above. Ability to speak Bahasa, Mandarin, or Tamil will be a bonus.
Interns must be available for at least 3 months, with a preference for those who can commit for 6 months. Interns will be provided with a monthly allowance of RM550.
Equality and diversity is at the core of our values and staff are expected to work collectively and individually to promote a constructive and sensitive approach to others from a variety of backgrounds, where the work of others is valued and respected.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
Public or other activity, affiliation to or support for any group or organization, personal association or other factor which may generate a real or perceived conflict of interest with
AI’s principles (specifically independence and impartiality), or raise a security concern, or otherwise prevent the candidate from carrying out key functions of the specific post and would therefore disqualify the candidate from being appointed.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and three references to [email protected] with the position you are applying for in the subject: ‘APPLICATION – ACTIVISM INTERN’ or ‘APPLICATION – COMMUNICATIONS INTERN’.
The application period is from 30th August to 14th September 2022; applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified, thank you.