Job Description: Office Manager (Administration & Finance)
The Office Manager is responsible for the smooth running of the office by following established procedures and policies, and setting up operations systems as needed in areas of finance, company and human resources matters. As AI Malaysia’s finance function is outsourced to a third-party solutions provider, the role of the Office Manager will be to ensure prompt and timely liaison with the solutions provider, while keeping basic accounting and financial records internally.
- RM3000/monthly ++ (neg.)
- Date of commencement: July/August 2021
Human Resources/ Finance
- Implement the COCOA (Common Chart of Accounts) financial reporting framework at AI Malaysia to track the organisation’s expenses for reporting
- Set up and maintain well organised human resources management systems
- Produce timely and accurate finance reports, and provide input into other reports as required
- Manage the office’s control budget to track expenses internally
- Maintain the office petty cash and petty cash book
- Work with the Executive Director to prepare budgets
- Liaise with the relevant stakeholders on company matters including AI Malaysia’s Board of Governance, company secretary, tax consultants and customs department
- Liaise with outsourced finance solutions provider and relevant process partners on all administration, human resources and finance matters
- Be the focal point for internal and external auditors and ensure reports are received and submitted to the relevant in a timely manner.
- Set up and maintain an efficient office filing system for correspondence, reports and other documents
- Maintain personnel records
- Maintain database of important addresses, telephone numbers and other information relevant to the functioning of the office
- Liaise with accounting business solutions provider on all accounting and human resources matters
- Manage office admin (purchasing, bills, mailing, maintenance, etc)
- Handle general correspondence, and keep a record of all incoming and outgoing letters/ faxes/ messages
- Manage the resource room, keeping an updated inventory of all merchandise, reports, and other paraphernalia.
- Maintain inventory of office equipment and ensure office equipment are maintained in good working condition
- Handle telephone calls and other inquiries from the public and channelling it to the staff concerned.
- Manage AI Malaysia’s general email and channel relevant emails to the staff concerned.
Assisting the Executive Director
- Organise the Executive Director’s meetings and prepare staff claims
- Plan board meetings, compiling relevant documents/ information as instructed by the Executive Director
- Prepare F&B for board and other meetings
- At least 2 years experience with managing office operations
- At least 1 year experience with managing accounts & book-keeping,
- Strong IT skills (Excel, Word) and experience with office management & financial reporting systems, with a willingness to adapt and learn
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to adapt and successfully multitask
- Efficient, accurate and good attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Effective time management, able to work under pressure
- Self-motivated, independent and willing to take initiative
- Fluent in English and Bahasa Malaysia (written & verbal)
- Must be willing to work from the office (Petaling Jaya) and able to work from home as required by COVID-19 restrictions
Amnesty International Malaysia (AI Malaysia)’s vision is for a world in which every person’s fundamental human rights is protected as enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The AI Malaysia mission is to undertake study and action focused on preventing and ending grave abuses of the rights to physical and mental integrity, freedom of conscience and expression, and freedom from discrimination, within the context of its work to promote human rights.
AI Malaysia is independent of any government, political ideology or religious creed. It does not support or oppose any government or political system, nor does it support or oppose the views of the victims whose rights it seeks to protect. It is concerned solely with the impartial protection of human rights.
Please send in your resume to [email protected] with a cover letter, and three references. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Thank you.