Next Tuesday, 21 July 2020 from 8:00PM to 9:00PM we shall be holding our bi-monthly catch-up with our members once again! And this week’s topic for discussion is – how to set-up an Amnesty club/local group at your educational institutions or local community!
We know that youth in Malaysia care passionately for social justice and want to dedicate more time to learn and campaign for human rights, and the best way to do that is to have an Amnesty club at your own schools.
An Amnesty Club offers the perfect platform for young people, where like-minded individuals can connect, share, learn and act collectively on pertinent human rights issues. Here at Amnesty International Malaysia, we love to help you get this off the ground and provide you with all the assistance and resources you may need to do that.
Here are some of the key areas we will be discussing:
· Why start an Amnesty Club?
· Support we offer to our Amnesty Club (guidance, training, financing)
· Steps to establishing Amnesty club/group
· Sustaining – potential programmes and activities
· Human Rights Education and Campaigns
· Opportunities for Amnesty Club and Local Group
Join us with our Activism Coordinator Li Yang to give you a comprehensive tutorial on just how to do that!
We hope to see you there!