We’re hiring for a Senior Operations Manager. Please find attached job description and instructions below.
JOB TITLE: SENIOR OPERATIONS MANAGER (ADMIN, FINANCE, HUMAN RESOURCE)
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
DIRECT REPORTS: INTERNS/VOLUNTEERS (as needed)
STATUS: FULL TIME
LOCATION: PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR
APPLICATION PERIOD: 2 FEBRUARY 2024 – 17 MARCH 2024
POSITION START DATE: IMMEDIATELY
The Senior Operations Manager (henceforth referred to as ‘Operations Manager’) is responsible for the smooth running of the office by following established procedures and policies, and setting up relevant ones as needed in the areas of finance, administration and human resources.
The Operations Manager will work closely with the Executive Director on financial management and reporting, and will be the primary liaison with the third-party accountant, while keeping basic accounting, financial and audit records internally.
The Operations Manager will work closely with the Executive Director in ensuring the organisation is efficient, effective, in line with the organisations core standards, and a healthy and safe work environment is fostered.
Finance & Administration
- Implement the COCOA (Common Chart of Accounts) financial reporting framework at AI Malaysia to track the organisation’s expenses
- Produce timely and accurate finance reports, and provide input into other reports as required
- Responsible for ensuring office financial objectives are met by preparing quarterly or annual budgets for the office, planning the expenditures, analysing variances, and carrying out necessary corrections that may arise
- Liaise with outsourced finance solutions provider and relevant process partners on all administration, human resources and finance matters
- Be the focal point for internal and external auditors and ensure reports are received and submitted to the relevant in a timely manner.
- Manage the office’s control budget to track expenses internally
- Maintain the office petty cash and petty cash book
- Manage and update membership management system in collaboration with the Activism Coordinator
- Liaise with the relevant stakeholders on company matters including AI Malaysia’s Board of Governance, company secretary, tax consultants and customs department
- Organise AI Malaysia’s yearly Annual General Meeting.
- Manage procurement, relationships with vendors and service providers, ensuring good financial practices are adhered to, and payments and contracts are maintained and up to date
- Liaise with the International Secretariat on all financial, administrative and fundraising matters
Office Administration & Human Resources
- Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office
- Responsible for developing, updating and implementing human resource policies, and ensuring adherence with legal requirements and best human rights, feminist, and anti-racist principles
- Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills, and errands
- Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed and supply requisitions are reviewed and approved.
- Work with the Executive Director in maintaining a risk register and ensuring compliance with best legal and security practices
- Establish a historical reference for the office by outlining procedures for protection, retention, record disposal, retrieval, and staff resignations, and personnel records
- Ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out planning and execution of equipment procurement, layouts, and office systems
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of the organisation’s events
- Organize orientation and onboarding of new staff members
- Maintain an efficient office filing system for correspondence, reports and other documents
- Maintain database of important addresses, telephone numbers and other information relevant to the functioning of the office
- Manage the resource room, keeping an updated inventory of all merchandise, reports, and other paraphernalia.
- Maintain inventory of office equipment and ensure office equipment are maintained in good working condition
- Handle telephone calls from the public, the organisation’s general email and other inquiries and channelling it to the staff concerned.
- Compile relevant documents/information as instructed by the Executive Director
- Maintain a healthy, secure and pleasant work environment
- You may be required to perform other duties and responsibilities in the course and scope of your employment with the organisation.
- Minimum 4 years of office management, administrative, or assistant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems, and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Malaysia compulsory
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites
- Knowledge of accounting, data, and administrative management practices and procedures, and experience preparing budgets and financial reports
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Computer skills and knowledge of office software packages
- Positive, kind and professional attitude with a strong work ethic
- A commitment to learning, personal development and demonstrates initiative in researching and growing knowledge and skills
The successful Senior Operations Manager is experienced in handling a wide range of administrative duties and executive support-related tasks, is experienced in managing financial reporting and able to work independently with little or no supervision. They are professional, pay keen attention to detail, have a respect for human rights and wellbeing practices, are well organized, flexible, and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
Kindly note that this Job Description is subject to change at any time during the period of employment.
Salary range: RM6,000 – RM8, 000 (depending on experience)
Please submit your resume, cover letter and three references to [email protected] with the subject: ‘APPLICATION – OPERATIONS MANAGER’
The application period is from 2nd February to 17th March 2024; applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified, thank you.
Equality and diversity is at the core of our values and staff are expected to work collectively and individually to promote a constructive and sensitive approach to others from a variety of backgrounds, where the work of others is valued and respected.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
Public or other activity, affiliation to or support for any group or organization, personal association or other factor which may generate a real or perceived conflict of interest with AI’s principles (specifically independence and impartiality), or raise a security concern, or otherwise prevent the candidate from carrying out key functions of the specific post and would therefore disqualify the candidate from being appointed.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million supporters, members and activists in over 150 countries and territories who campaign to end grave abuses of human rights.
Amnesty International Malaysia (AI Malaysia)’s vision is for a world in which every person’s fundamental human rights is protected as enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. AI Malaysia’s mission is to undertake study and action focused on preventing and ending grave abuses of the rights to physical and mental integrity, freedom of conscience and expression, and freedom from discrimination, within the context of its work to promote human rights. Our current areas of campaigning include protection and promotion of freedom of expression, addressing police violence, abolishing the death penalty and promoting migrant and refugee rights.
AI Malaysia is independent of any government, political ideology or religious creed. It does not support or oppose any government or political system, nor does it support or oppose the views of the victims whose rights it seeks to protect. It is concerned solely with the impartial protection of human rights.